The Precaliber 20 7-speed is a rugged kids' bike for young adventurers. It has a lightweight frame and quality components like a front suspension fork, 7-speed gearing and hand brakes that are perfectly sized to better fit small riders. For kids aged 6–8, between 45–52˝ (114–132 cm) tall.
It's right for you if...
You love exploring nature on your bike, and want your little adventurer to come along. You're looking for a high-quality kids' bike that's comfortable, durable and most of all, super fun for your little shredder.
The tech you get
A strong, lightweight aluminium frame, a simple 7-speed drivetrain that's easy for kids to handle, and a front suspension fork to smooth out bumps on the road and trail. Plus, it has a kickstand, mounts for a rear rack and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for an integrated rear light mount.
The final word
When you're young, just being outside is an adventure. Precaliber's rugged styling makes it the perfect ride for young explorers. They may pretend to be scaling dangerous mountains or escaping terrible beasts, but with a high-quality build and components, you'll always have peace of mind.
Why you'll love it
- Intuitive twist shift makes it easy for kids to switch gears when their terrain changes
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount to boost visibility on family adventures and solo excursions
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- This bike is hand-me-down heaven: it's built to last, so younger siblings can inherit this bike and it'll still feel like new
- You shouldn't buy your kid's bike where you buy your cereal – Unlike big box brands, Trek kids' bikes are assembled by people who know bikes
*spec applies to all sizes unless otherwise noted
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminium, 20" kids' frame size|
|Fork||Kids' suspension, threadless steerer, 35 mm travel|
|Hub front||Alloy, 100 mm bolt-on|
|Hub rear||Alloy, 8-speed, 130 mm bolt-on|
|Rim||Alloy 20", 32-hole, Schrader valve|
|Tyre||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27 tpi, 20x2.25"|
|Shifter||Shimano Tourney RS45, 7-speed twist|
|Rear derailleur||Shimano Tourney TY300, long cage, 34T max cog|
|Crank||ProWheel alloy, 32T steel ring w/double guard, 127 mm length|
|Bottom bracket||Square taper, 68 mm|
|Cassette||SunRun freewheel, 14-28, 7-speed,|
|Chain||KMC Z7, 7-speed|
|Pedal||Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread|
|Saddle||Kids' padded, integrated seat post, with handle|
|Handlebar||Kids' steel, 25.4 mm clamp, 40 mm rise, 560 mm width|
|Grips||Kids' grip, 125 mm width|
|Stem||Bontrager Approved alloy, 25.4 mm clamp, 15-degree rise, 60 mm|
|Head set||Adjustable ball bearing, threadless|
|Brake lever||Kids', alloy|
|Weight||10.92 kg / 24.07 lb|
|Weight limit||This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider,and cargo) of 36 kg (80 lb).|